Hobie Mirage Compass Single Kayak
Set your course with the new Mirage Compass, the newest addition to Hobie’s fleet of award-winning kayaks.
Simplicity defined, its time-tested MirageDrive pedal system with Glide Technology moves you easily through the water. Outfitted with a breathable mesh seat, the Compass offers maximum stability and an oversized cockpit and flat deck for standing. A sharp turning radius makes it nimble in tight quarters, yet able to speed over open water in stealthy fashion. Fishing features include molded-in rod holders, H-Track accessory mounts and a transducer cavity ready for you to install a Lowrance® fishfinder.
- MirageDrive Powered - The Glide Technology Drive features legendary bioengineered performance. For reverse gear, see Hobie's other kayak lines with the MirageDrive 180.
- Storage Abounds - Bring your favorite gear along, including an H-Crate or Livewell. There's plenty of room in the mesh-covered bow storage area, stern storage area with Bungee tie-downs, and the 8-inch round Twist and Seal cockpit hatch.
- Excellent Hull Performance - The durable polyethylene hull hits the sweet spot between tracking and maneuverability. The oversize cockpit includes plenty of flat deck area for standing.
- Carrying Handles - Conveniently located midship, bow and stern.
- Accessory Ready - H-Track accessory mounts provide no-drill customization for the utmost in rigging flexibility.
- Drink Holder - Keep your drink close at hand.
- Easy Steering System - When you want to paddle or need to transport your Compass on shore, the spring-loaded rudder folds flush. Automatically kicks up if you hit something. Easy grip rudder handle provides fingertip steering.
- Optimal Seating Design - The breathable mesh fabric is adjustable for comfort. Mounted at an ideal height for fishing, there's room for tackle storage underneath. Easily removable for use on shore.
- Two-Piece Paddle - Negotiate surf-strewn beaches and rocky inlets with the included Two-Piece Paddle with Fiberglass Shaft.
- Two Rod Holders - The Compass comes ready to fish from the factory.
- Crew: 1
- Length: 12’ | 3.66 m
- Width: 34” | 0.86 m
- Capacity: 400 lbs | 181 kg
- Fitted Hull Weight: 68 lbs | 31 kg
- Fully Rigged Weight: 87 lbs | 39 kg
- Hull Construction: Rotomolded Polyethylene