RS Aero Sailboat
After years of development RS believes the RS Aero is the most technically advanced boat in its sector. Which explains why it’s the most exciting and best-selling modern single-hander. And easily handled too. Astonishingly, the RS Aero weighs about the same as an Optimist. That drives everything about its incredible user friendliness through transporting, rigging and launching – before you even experience the addictive sensations afloat. Complex thinking leading to beautiful simplicity – the RS Aero ignites the pure excitement of sailing in its least complicated form. Three rig sizes enable youth, women and men to enjoy the ride. Already an International Class, the community is building fast for the most competitive sailors. It’s a phenomenon. Just do it.
- Ultra-light weight changes the game afloat and ashore.
- World Sailing International Class
- 4m length is long enough to support the larger helmsman, without being a handful for small sailors to launch and recover
- 1.4m beam conveniently fits a normal roof-rack
- Waterline beam and wetted surface does not change significantly with an increase in helm weight
- Fine bow for upwind sailing, stable mid sections and a relatively wide transom.
- Deck profile maximises hiking comfort while maintaining good “kick off” surfaces when roll tacking and a secure feeling when sailing downwind in breeze.
- Every aspect of the simple shape has been considered to minimise weight and maximise cost-efficient manufacture.
- Three rigs of differing sail areas to cater to different crew weight ranges: RS Aero 5 – RS Aero 7 – RS Aero 9.
- Tracked mast and halyard – much easier when stepping mast in breeze and allowed full length top battens.
- High denier Dacron sail fabric that offers good durability and a high level of user-friendliness.
- The RS Aero has a vertical daggerboard for ease of use.
- Evolved during testing, the rudder blade’s low drag section and surface area are extremely effective.
- Fit-out is simple providing the rig control you need and enabling the boat to be rigged in moments.
- Centreline toe-strap is padded for comfort and adjustable to suit hiking style and sailor size.
- Length: 4m | 13'2"
- Beam: 1.4m | 4'7"
- Hull Weight: 30kg | 66lb
- Sail Area RS Aero 5: 5.2m² | 54ft²
- Sail Area RS Aero 7: 7.4m² | 77ft²
- Sail Area RS Aero 9: 8.9m² | 93ft²
- Mast: 2-part Carbon Fibre With Track and Halyard
- Boom: Carbon Fibre With Centre Mainsheet
- Daggerboard: Epoxy Composite – Foam Core
- Ruder Blade: Epoxy Composite – Foam Core
- Rudder Stock: Aluminium Casting – Custom Design
- Toe Strap: Padded and Adjustable
- Control Lines: Split and Cleated On Either Side Deck