40mm Carbo Blocks
Carbo AirBlocks® are 60% stronger and 30% lighter than Harken's Classic blocks.
The nylon-resin sideplates are densely packed with long-glass fibers for a compact block with a high strength-to-weight ratio. Sheaves spin on high-load ball bearings with fitted races for low-friction operation. Ball bearings, sheave, and sideplates are UV-stabilized with carbon black for maximum protection.
Use 40 mm Carbo for jib and mainsheet systems on high-performance dinghies and for loaded control lines on small keelboats.
- Main/jib sheets
- Mainsheet fine-tune
- Control lines
- Sheave Ø 40 mm | 1-9/16 in
- Length 102 mm | 4 in
- Weight 122 g | 4.3 oz
- Shackle pin Ø 4 mm | 5/32 in
- Maximum line Ø 6 mm | 1/4 in
- Maximum working load 136 kg | 300 lb
- Breaking load 272 kg | 600 lb
- Maximum Working Load and Breaking Load Based On Cam Cleat Strength