57mm Ratchmatic Carbo Blocks
The Carbo Ratchamatic® is a load-sensing ratchet block that rolls freely in both directions under low loads and automatically engages the ratchet as loads increase. Shifting between ratchet and light-air modes is seamless. Unloaded main and jib sheets run out freely during mark roundings and asymmetrical spinnakers free instantly during jibes.
Ratchet engagement may be adjusted to a higher or lower load according to strength and sailing style. The Ratchamatic® cheek block mounts on either port or starboard. The holding power of the 57 mm is as high as 10:1. The 75 mm is up to 15:1.
For the ultimate system, mount a Ratchamatic® on the boom above a cockpit-mounted switchable ratchet to allow the mainsheet to run freely in light air and to double holding power in heavy air.
- Main/Jib Sheets
- Asymmetric spinnakers
- Sheave Ø 57 mm | 2 1/4 in
- Length 125 mm | 4-15/16 in
- Weight 431 g | 15.2 oz
- Shackle pin Ø 6 mm | 1/4 in
- Maximum line Ø 10 mm | 3/8 in
- Maximum working load 816 kg | 1800 lb
- Breaking load 2041 kg | 4500 lb
- Holding Power with 180° wrap with 50lb (23kg) 10:1
Note Maximum Working Load and Breaking Load Based On Cam Cleat Strength