LanoCote is a non-toxic lanolin based grease. It will keep dissimilar metal parts from reacting galvanically. A little bit goes a long way as a protective film is present even if not visible. While environmentally friendly if you get it on your clothes it can be hard to wash out. Clean up with Acetone.
How does LanoCote® work?
LanoCote® works on these five basic principals:
- displaces water
- absorbs corrosion
- forms moisture barrier
- penetrates and has high lubricity
- prevents dissimilar metal galvanization
LanoCote® is extremely effective in preventing and stopping corrosion on all types of metals under all environmental conditions. Formulated to withstand salt water marine conditions, LanoCote® is particularly useful in preventing thread seizure due to all types of corrosion on boats and machinery. Applied during assembly, LanoCote® will greatly assist in easy dismantling years later. An example would be anchor shackles which are regularly immersed in salt water.
LanoCote® also combats galvanization where dissimilar metals are fastened together, such as stainless steel fittings on alloy masts etc.
Apply LanoCote® on turnbuckle and shackle threads to prevent galling.
Apply LanoCote® on your plumbing system valves to keep them operating smoothly
- Turnbuckles-keeps them from seizing
- Anchor shackles-stops threads from seizing
- Stainless fasteners into aluminum mast and booms-stops corrosion and metal pitting
- Fasteners into wind-shield frames-stops corrosion
- Metal hinges-stops corrosion and squeaking
- Outboard motor lower unit hinges, locks and mechanisms
- Any metallic item that is susceptible to corrosion